My Photo
Name: Iris

Location: India

Friday, May 9, 2008

Nostalgia

After about 9 months, yesterday I got to meet my three closest friends from school, the only people I only honestly miss school for. 13 years in that school and I had never had anyone so close to me as Nilofer,Krishna and Divi and to think we became close friends only in the last 1 year of school.

With college closed for the End-Semester examinations study leave we had planned to meet on Thursday evening for a complete "girls day out".I had waited the whole day for 4:30pm when I would go to meet them.
Though it wasn't initially a "girls day out" with Nilofer's friend Priyok joining in with his lively anecdotes,the later part of the day was spent only with the four of us talking like we've haven't spoken for ages. It was like coming to life after being dead for so long...all of us in our different colleges trying to make ourselves each a "career". I don't remember being so happy in ages or so relieved after all the advice they had given me for this terrible phase I am going through right now. Our joys, sorrows and even trivial gossip was all out in the open,hanging out at Nilu's place with adorable little Chica for company.
I am so glad I had planned this meeting with them and after yesterday we realised that we need more of it,and if it weren't for our coming exams we would have planned again and again(which we will, once they are out of the way).
These 3 are so dear to me that i couldn't imagine life without them,being with them reminds me of those innocent times that we had in school before being thrust into this world of the present.I miss them so much as i think of them now and can't wait to meet them again. I love them...for what they are,for what they want to be,for what they say and how good and caring they are. No amount of boyfriends or other relations can amount this special friendship that the four of us share.

When someone said that "the best friends are always the school friends",I know what exactly they meant and I so readily agree.
Cheers to the 3 of you-Nilofer,Krishna and Divi.Love you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ritwika said...

Appropriate title (finally--) :p

Well written, baba.. a 'dear diary'-ish tone, with slight shades of formality came through.

Nice.

Where's the poem?

May 11, 2008 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Iris said...

Thank you.
The poem is still under construction.You may have to wait till the end our nightmare.

May 11, 2008 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Retrospect said...

beautiful......no more words good enuf 2 define it.

May 13, 2008 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Ritwika said...

Wake up!

June 10, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home